Thursday, February 20, 2020

Comics: Other Stuff on the Radar

Even if you aren't interested in the kickstarter, Trekker is fun stuff. Ignore the Gail Simone intro, here's my reasons for liking it:



Here
  • He draws attractive men and women.
  • The setting is interesting. 
  • Has a retro style I enjoy. Kinda pulpy in fact. Mainly because he started the series in the late 80s. So I really didn't find it until last year via the kindle. Loved the pdfs I could initially get. 
  • So when the HB hit, I was like, alright! WOOO!
  • The story draws you in. She has to fight smart, kinda like Ripley. 
  • Pew Pew Pew!
Nexus:



Here
  • Pulpy Space Opera
  • Draws attractive men and women
  • Superheroes
  • Love the retro feel. (I am sensing a pattern.) 
  • Pew Pew Pew!
Bladerunner 2019






Here


  • Its pulpy, to me at least. They arent afraid to put their protag through stuff. 
  • It fits Bladerunner without disrespecting the soul of the setting. Its doing its own thing without degrading Deckard or replacing him. 
  • Again, the protag has to fight smart. 
Descender:

  • Interesting take on space opera.
  • The art is kinda weird to get used to but it eventually grew on me.
  • Love the robot doggo esp.
Here

Flying Sparks:

Here

  • Has a more golden age feel. 
  • Draws Attractive men and women. (Funny, most of these books, along with the ones below, that seems to be a big draw for me because its a visual medium, interesting how that works)
  • The world is fleshed out.

Other ones I am reading right now are: Freedom FightersPunchlineWhite Lily , Black Hops ,  and Battle Angel Alita

Depending on the Genre I have different expectations for characters, if its a more traditional superhero setting, then I don't care if a character is a 5ft 0in person that can throw a few 1000 tons. In any event those are my current readings for various comics. 

Might pick up Justice League again since the various channels I listen to are giving it a "hey, supes is acting like supes in it" rating.

No, I don't care who dislikes who or whatnot, this reader is gonna read whatever she feels like.

No comments:

Post a Comment