Thursday, April 9, 2020

Into the Deep: Ep 4 "One Last Echo"

Chapter 6: I Loves a Man that can Cook. Aww yiss.

Breakfast of Champions! Old puns are fun.

Sidenote: The Creeper, feels like this poor guy is the Urkel instead.



I still love it though.

You gotta love the symbolism of what kinda present she got. Oh boy. I want to go more meta but I also want people to read this book. Yus. Hmmmm....how to put this. THAT PLOT BUNNY IS GONNA HOP ON EVERYTHING!

Girl has to accessorize. Yea! That will work.


In this day and age: A man that can cook and has an awesome job? Nice. Very nice. We'd be cooking buddies too. Plus this is a normal thing. Girls have a habit of doing these things. Esp Ice cream. I love my cookies and cream. Yes please.

And yes, women will infiltrate things differently. And that's ok. Men and women should approach situations differently. Because we are legit different.  And yes, women will use all their WEAPONS if you know what I am sayin.

Chapter 7: These are the Days of Our Lives. Round 2! FIGHT!

Lady in Yellow also reminds me of this particular game:


This book has a bit of spaghetti/splatter western in it too. As far as the antagonist goes. The idea of femme fatale does play a role too. Its what makes superhero stories and books fun. Just like in the old pulps. Or the older Bond Movies.

This guy gets it: Men vs Men act different. Women vs Women act different and Men vs Women act differently. When put into situations were conflict happens. I'd say more but it would be pretty spoiler like.

Chapter 8: Family Matters (More Puns Intended)

The way her parents are described had me thinking:


But well the actual context would mean more spoilers but they are a def. power couple, with mama and papa wolf tendencies. Yes. Oh my. Here we are to save the day!

That whole chapter is ouch worthy. Parents really do want to try to be the best they can for their kids. The good ones do anyway. Let the Heroic Times roll baby! I am a sap that likes the fact that these characters will indeed hug the things they love. Sometimes you never know when it will be your last hug.

(I hope that my writing will become as smooth as these Deep Dive books.) With practice! Onward and Upward! :D

Chapter 9: Life after Abby Normal

More Instructor woes. Its sad to say I had a good quarter of my professors that acted this way. I imagine that has gotten even worse over the years. The high and mighty Ivory Tower. But I digress. Our intrepid Heroine is handling things. After a fashion. Hehehehe, FASHION!



Super hearing would be pretty useful indeed.

Queen Bee doesn't like to be examined. But I was in the Navy, they give you the full poking over. With Tons of Shots.

She's basically modern day Harley Quinn sassy without the annoying factor. I like it. IE: You can tell the smarmy attitude is masking a whole ton of hurt. But it doesn't feel cardboard or cheap.


The Queen def. didn't consent. They kinda went all, "We must have a baseline! YES! That's the perfect protocol so she behaves!"


Her exam also reminded me of MEPS.Because us women also have to get certain kinds of plumbing checked. Monotone Expression: Yay.

This chapter feels like this movie meets what suicide squad failed to do for the DCEU.


Bee is a bit broken but not to the point that Harley Quinn is. Each of these chapters packs their own little punch. Makes you really want to see what happens next. Which is vital in any book I pick up. The makeup of the eventual whole team, when the deep dive gets to that point, is rather interesting. Until next time.

PS: Now that I think on it more, the super prison, also gave me flashes of the Psi-Corp. Its like, ahh! We have a resource that has powers. The jailers have a distaste for those they watch over. Kinda reminded me of how some telepaths view mundanes. Want less time? Work for the good of the govt. This book doesn't get preachy about it though. Just a thing that happens with the supers on the wrong side of things.



No comments:

Post a Comment