Monday, July 20, 2020

The Pedos of Scifi and Fantasy

The rot in this one is very wide. And deep. Disturbing.

Not only does Delany have this content in Hogg, its in Dhalgren too. College forced me to read the latter but when I got to all the graphic sex. Esp involving a kid character, That thing got thrown out. Plus I dropped that class. Made up the credits in the summer.  

Didn't even donate it or anything, right into the trash it went. Maybe it degraded enough over time to provide as useful compost. This is far too fractured for prose.

Look at the opening. Doesn't interest me at all. It feels far too dream like and Stream of Consciousness.


My blunt opinion: He was put on a pedestal because he was a black gay man who also happened to write things. Horrid things in my POV. Considering how many people we label as classics in SFF, a disturbing number of them have pedo tendencies. I really hope they aren't making his books the standard in college. Please god no.  

Love him or hate him, Vox was all over this rot from the start:

The Delany Part 

With all the skeletons coming out now, even from Scalzi:



Makes you wonder how much more rot is at the heart of this garbage pile. 

I don't find Delany engaging at all. Even before all of this came out on my radar. His prose is disjointed and takes forever to go anywhere. No one is gonna be able to convince me otherwise. Delany is a pedo. 100%. 


But Ill put up more links, even from those who disagree/hate, or at the very least don't support him. So you can get more POVs on this:

No comments:

Post a Comment