Saturday, October 31, 2020

The Writer: A Mindset.

 


If you had asked me in high school what I'd be doing in my 30s, 18 year old me would have said: Maybe I'd be a teacher. Or a 5 star general! Along with "I want to have 50 German Shepherds." 

What I didn't even realize is I'd have a book done. Along with part of a 2nd. As I get older I realize the simpler things do make me happier. Cooking a Good Meal. Reading things I enjoy. There's only so many rants I can do about the state of amazon book searches and Anita Blake. I find talking about stuff I enjoy relaxes me more. Even if its much slower growth but that's ok. 

I keep thinking if the Desert of the Real wants to tear me down, Ill make an Oasis out of everything that keeps my wheelhouses turning.  

The Key Pillars To Me as a Writer:

  • You need drive
  • You need Passion
  • Dont worry about typoeseses. Laugh at them. 
  • Don't worry about writing to market. Get in the habit of loving to write first.
  • Just Write. 
  • Don't get stuck in endless worldbuilding.
  • TO KEEP GOING! YOU ARE YOUR PRIMARY AUDIENCE. If the writer isnt engaged the reader won't be either.

I want the fantastical.

  • the pew pew
  • the protag gets the girl or guy depending on combo. Yes, here's a teaser: Eddie is gonna get to meet his own space princess. Heh.
  • exploring derelict ships, stations, new worlds, ect.
  • Magic, both known and unfathomable. 
  • Uplifted Animals in general. *yes, there will also be uplifted cats. They will feature more prominently in the bardaxian short story series later.
  • Family drama that brings people closer together rather than apart. Unlike Anna.
  • Lazers! 
  • The Superversive!
  • Genuine Good vs Dastardly Evil

Here is some cosmic music for some listening fun: 

 

I want popcorn fun. It doesn't have to change the world. It just has to bring a smile to my face.

Stay tuned, my alternate to #Booktube channel will continue to grow.

My Booktube Channel: Here

Still need to review X-Seed but here's the books: Fun Mech Action.

Databases/Spotlight Links:




No comments:

Post a Comment