Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Why I Write

 A few reasons but this is the big one!


What I aim for in my Series?

Men acting stoic. Their power used to protect those they care about. 

Heroes uncontaminated by our world. The nihilism. The gray morality.

Its OK to be a Mother!

Fathers are more than Modern Media portray them as: Absent or Bumbling. They are the First and Final Defense for their families in my series. 

Mothers care for their children. They don't see them as a burden.

Yes, its Idealistic but that's what I want. 

Men have purpose. Rather than Listless Props for CURRENT YEAR talking points.

  • Flat arc is fine! Not everything needs change or dynamic/cathartic payoffs.This allows for characters to bounce off the aspirational.
  • A mix of space exploration. FTL powered by tech. Powered by Magic. Powered by Inter-dimensional Travel. No need to follow our physics. If the pulps had fun doing it? So would I.
  • Time Travel with set barriers. A closed circle in stages.Yes, its a multiverse but the overall influences are derived from the Main Universe. It is the center of a multi pronged wheel. The alternate versions of Main Universe characters help develop the Main Plot Points within my story. 


 This old fight!


For those who have been reading Uplift: Where do you think I have the rating? I aim for a PG-13 setup. There are some disturbing level scenes but I don't go gratuitous. In the bedroom or the battlefield. If you get my meaning. I don't do sex scenes. I think I made it pretty obvious when couples are about to have a field day. No need to go into the X Y Z details. 

See you all on the flipside!

No comments:

Post a Comment