Wednesday, March 8, 2023

The Uplift Protocol Twin Rulers of the Sky: Issue 10

 

Issue 10: What’s so Funny About Dreams?


    Jupiter’s readouts are beyond amazing. We just have to maintain our current course. The Twins shall be the beacons that light up this new world. Now and forever.--Professor Nara to the Litari Worldspeaker Council


    I do not see my stewardship as a Burden. I had asked the Highest for this posting. We shall rise together. No matter how much Abbadon gnashes his teeth. I did manage to tag Karvax properly. He was the first of the Fallen to enter the 9th. It gives him extra abilities but makes him vulnerable to Seekers of the Conclave—Aether: Warden Entry 224-8


    Hello New Ashbury! The Blue Blaze does it again! Local Necromancer tried to raise honored ancestors entombed in the Annals of the Du’at. Former Arbiter and Ayeer Clan Leader C’alain had this to say….--Terran News Network: Eye on the Ninth Array

    Old Souls don’t fade. Many linger. Mostly to offer advice to their families before they feel the pull of the Ouro. It’s quite the change from the cycle I knew. Proof positive of life beyond this mortal coil.--Micheal Brookes


    I can see their faces. My sister and I have more to discover. But this time we had time to be open with one another. It’s not a 2nd childhood but I’m glad we had this time to acclimate to a calmer universe.--Dexter Murphy

O’lam, Scholar Homeworld

Rock of Infinity


    Charon plucked at the threads within the former Ur-Stone.


    He had learned well from the guidance of the Silver Fox. He had knelt. Imbued with a sliver of the Oversoul’s vast knowledge. As the Ur-Stone had broken apart he had pondered how this final cycle would play out. The white beams had cut through his body yet he felt no pain. Each cycle had a version of Dexter and Eliza. Going by different names. Sometimes mortal. Other times seeing the world through another’s eyes.


    Markav. Icath. Bardaxian.


    It no longer housed the near limitless supply of sleeves for use by the Silver Fox or her brother. Instead? With the rejuvenation of the final cycle this artifact was controlled by Adam and Eve. To give the mental healing required. The grail ceremony cemented the various friends, family and allies of the Twins to the task at hand.


    It had been required to help them survive the soul level jailbreak of Helios. The Dreamweaver still fancied himself the Arbiter of Creation. All memory would eventually pour forth. Dexter had asked this boon be passed to his sister. So she could just live out a regular life. If only for a moment. The Oversoul had granted them a respite. But now the last few outliers remained.


    Thoth, Chronos, and Lucifer.


    The rest had been contained properly within the Ninth Circle.


    As far as primary evils were categorized. Choice was still paramount. Some demis decided to throw their fate into the Ninth Array. That which manifested the old cycle evils. That element could never be eliminated entirely. He pulled up the final memory shard. He pushed it gently into Eliza as she talked animatedly with Ta’mathon.


    Now to wait.




    Anna reached out to steady me as a wave of nausea bounced around my head. Dexter indicated a new staircase that had formed on my half of the castle. Rays of silver formed into a spiral stair case. Bits of memory fluttered about as I gripped the railing.


    My right arm twitched as a new set of sigils raised above my skin.


    ///Tear Network established. 4th Level Guardians detected. Welcome Eliza and Dexter Murphy. Stored Notifications: 1,255///


    Ta’mathon turned his golden ankh in his hands.


    “Time to see what lies in wait.”


    Silver cords rose from the floor. Each wrapped about the steps. As if to reinforce my mind.


    As I reached the top it opened up into a wide cavern. The walls smoothed over. I couldn’t see the top. A massive walkway ended in a crescent dais. I knew her. It was the Silver Fox. Dexter strode across first. His hand passed through the image.


    Silver Fox turned to the green eyed woman. “Even now all of our sleeves work together. The final wave is arriving.”


    Three golden tear shaped gems rose from her arm.



    I rubbed my left arm as my sister stood transfixed by the memory. 8 Tear Bearers. With my sister and I at the center of it all. We had been made to cleanse both sets. The Oversoul had broken each up upon the re-birth of the new multiverse. I paused. Turned to Ta’mathon. My eyes locked with his. A nod so minuscule I would have missed it without my awakened senses.


    My HUD highlighted a message with encrypted symbols.


    ///I, by proxy, you tore the Dreamweaver’s Tears from his avatar. Once he possessed Thoth in his determination to destroy us, he became vulnerable to the primary plan. First cleanse the Tears via Lethe. Well, the Dreamweaver set.///


    Right. The original evil had made off with the Oversoul’s set. Implanted them into his corrupted astral form. It was the only way our minds could conceive of such an artifact. Additional voices reached the outer barriers of my side of the castle. I knew this memory. I’d leave my sister to it.


    My footfalls faded as I found myself floating an inch off the ground.


    I could get used to this.


    I exited then spied a man decked out in a golden helm. The armor highlighted by a deep purple. Egyptian in fashion. A khopesh strapped to his hip. The woman next to him. That silver blonde. Those Typherian eyes. A lighter green than Lorain Lanis.


    Blocks clicked into place.


    “Mom? Dad!”


    My mother broke out in a dead run.


    Dad merely saluted. Letting mom fuss.


    I waited until mom’s breathing evened out. “I remember quite a bit more than Eliza does at the moment. She had to filter the other set of Tears.”



    J’ino asked, “Is that why Lorain doesn’t remember?!”


    Her son affirmed this by replying, “100%. Lethe helped seal her memory away for the new cycle. Since she’s protecting the sleeve shard memories that are sensitive for them both.” He pulled up the sleeve of his shirt. A teardrop shaped scar ran up his forearm. “We ended up here via a certain Bone Dragon.”


    J’ino placed her hands on her hips. Mostly to control the trembling.


    Dexter continued. His voice subdued, “It survived the heat death of the old universe. Just long enough for the Oversoul to get us here. It absorbed a metric ton of the Dreamweavers entropic energies. Just glad Hidan and Uncle Paxton knew where to find us. Jupiter’s good too. We have some of our old crew aboard!”


    Thomas shifted his gaze to the open doorway. One half of the castle pitch black. The other side white as snow. J’ino began to approach but her son and husband held her back. Dexter shook his head sadly, “Not yet.”


    J’ino’s fingers curled about her husband’s wrist.


    “Why?”


    Dexter replied, “She will not know your face. Do you want that to be the first impression she has upon remembering?” He suggested this as gently as possible. J’ino winced. “Right.”


    She let out a sad tight laugh, “Shoe is on the other foot this time.”


    Dexter nodded glumly. “...but I can fill in some gaps for you both!” His mood shifted.


    He glanced back at the castle, “Don’t worry sis. We got this.”


    I thumped my chest. Dad removed his helm. “How about we fill you in first?”


    I concentrated. A set of three rocking chairs manifested next to the moat.


    Dad remarked, “That’s new.”


    I retorted, “It’s my dreamscape. We share the castle though.”


    Mom inquired, “He doesn’t control...”


    “Nope! Not without those Tears he stole. Couldn't have him combine everything together. It would have sucked everything, including the Oversoul, into the Nothing. The void to end everything.”


    I ticked off each point with a finger, “One. We aren't true Thronebearers. That was us cleansing Black and White’s actual power sources. Had to get rid of all the aspects. Black Scrawl down to the Weaver itself.”


    “Two. We were always meant to be Demis. No matter the cycle. Thing is? We got to keep abilities and fragments of training each time the Multiverse shifted to the next stage.”


    My father interrupted, “How many cycles?” His eyes were glowing faintly. Each pulse in unison with the silver runes marked upon his helm. I met his gaze. “Millions. Billions? I lost count. My sister and I have been here from the start.”


    It was why Abel had trusted us. There were no words for what we had to accomplish.


    Cain was behind the Ninth Array cult. Reborn to mortal form before falling into the cage of the Circle. Information about the history of this post Convergence cycle continued to flood the implants within my body.


    “Three. We shed most of the feathers to make sure nothing remained of the Dreamer’s influence. Eliza was commanded to drop hers to locate the last fragments of saved cycle territories.”


    Dad mused, “The shield worlds and light mirror network. I remember seeing it…..”


    “At Final Home. Glad the Golden City Sarcophagus carried you both forward when needed.”


    Mom hooked her hands behind her head.


    “Will everyone be reborn here?”


    “Eventually. If required? The Oversoul will enkindle their previous cycle memories if required.”


    I let out a bark of laughter as Typherian history played across my synapses, “HA! No Houses!”


    Mom grinned. Then sobered as she noted, “We have picked up a few threads that E’ratha may be operating with a different Identity this time around.” She regarded me warily, “What? No 4th or 5th points?”


    I winked, “Four! Tear Shards grant the avatar a few extra abilities not known to the residents of the Ninth. Eliza and I are the primary. Since our bodies went to beef jerky and back again.”


    Mom swatted me on the shoulder, “Not funny!”


    Dad reacted by reaching out to clasp mom’s hand, “Are they all demis?”


    “No but you already know one of them.”


    Mom gulped, “Who?”


    “Grandpa Murphy. He did trade his Golden Bulleteer mantle for another kind of power.”



    Anna paced around the memory image of Silver Fox. “You always knew.”


    She studied that ancient visage. Yet those gray black orbs remained cheerful. “Even going into the Serpent’s Maw….”


    Eliza reached out to touch the long black hair of Lethe. “I know...” Her brow furrowed as the fingers passed through. Causing the memory to flicker. Silver Fox turned as the short clicks resounded throughout the chamber. A small tan and white Corgi puppy pranced over to them, <<I am ready! I will always serve!>>


    Augustus.


    McQuire’s manicured eyebrows rose to her hairline. “He’s got some explaining to do!”


    Eliza pointed. “That collar isn't a collar!”


    Anna did a double take. An Intez coiled about his neck. The brief flash of white and green splotches the only indicator. Then it shifted to its dormant state within it’s host. Silver Fox knelt. Gathered the puppy into her arms. “Gulliver and Trouble will know exactly when to plant you!”


    Fox glanced over at Lethe, “It was the first partnership after all.”


    Anna bit back a yell.


    Teddy would believe her. She pressed one finger into Eliza’s chest. “The Jupiter still have the best whiskey this side of Texas?”


    Eliza’s infectious smile widened, “Of course!”


    Anna’s Weave Speaker senses went haywire.


    Eliza wasn't fully connected to I.Net. Jupiter was blocking on purpose. Dexter’s data flow resonated. His message flashed in bright letters. ///Ill explain later. Don’t mention anything demi related for now!///


    She fired back.


    ///What else can the Jupiter do now?///


    A three circled symbol held aloft by three women formed.


    ///We are the Fates. Moirai. Remain upon O’lam. We will come to you. Only one other can join you. Rosetta Stone.///


    Anna bit back a yelp as the castle and everything around it dissolved.


    She blinked rapidly as Sy’ra shouted, “Emergency Alert! Ninth Array Incursion!”


    It wasn’t even a Monday.


    Magic swelled within the chamber as Thomas sealed it behind them.


    Lights formed high above them. The Defender Corp was arriving.

Issue 9: Here

Issue 11: Here

No comments:

Post a Comment