Monday, December 30, 2019

Superhero Lit. Books

I love my comics but I also love seeing super-heroics in the written format too. Plus Ill link some publishers I've found so far that specialize in that arena.



I realize that many writers want to make this a main job. I totally get that. It's just that...well, the amazon tags for paranormal fantasy/urban and the superhero sub tag in fantasy on the website is flooded with things only barely related to those genres.  IMHO.

I have no qualms with people enjoying Lit RPG books or even Harem books but I think both need a sub tag of their own on the Kindle Program. I've been pretty successful at finding Superhero Lit novels so far but I know there must be 100s more buried under the spam of people riding the algorithm of Amazon Bot to get the money they need.

Its a double edged sword. On one hand, providing funds to keep writing but on the other, genre readers and writers like myself have to sift through the sands of unrelated material to find what we are really Indiana Jonesing for.

Me? I want a superhero space opera mashup. SO I'm currently writing that. About 45,000 words in and I've been at it since mid November. Gonna follow the advice of Nick Cole and write the whole series first, then edit, then release. Because I'm a whale of a reader that sucks in whole series at a time. So 2020 is going to be an adventure.

Soon Ill put in some rounds with indie comics and other sci fi comics I love but I figured Id do that in segments. Otherwise this blog would have unending entries!

Here's some of their twitter handles:

  • @MichaelILowell
  • @SilverEmpirePub
  • @LocalHeroPress 
  • @OneLastEcho 
  • @CJCarella
  • @brandedkristen 
  • @BloodyRedBaron
  • @dmrbooks(I love pulp, they print pulp) Plus I figured I give a shoutout b/c they galvanized me to make this blog. WEEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment