Monday, February 24, 2020

More Space Adventures!

I find myself listening to more lovely space channels:



Sometimes for research, sometimes just something to listen to while writing, which today I got some stuff done about the first flight Eliza will have in her Starship, Jupiter Rising. Like the Whitestar of B5 fame, its going to be a hybrid of Earth and Typherian tech. Plus I added in some other interesting things. She won't know this at first. With everything that's happening in comic book land and my various book hobbies, this is what's been keeping my passion alive.

This is more of an inspiration: What will these ships look like in my minds eye. Once the bones are done.



I know, its corny as hell, esp. since the protag can fly on her own power but I found something oddly endearing about a character who has these superpowers but one of her greatest loves is piloting a star ship. 

I find I'm liking writing just as much as cooking. Something new to discover everyday. No matter the recipe.

  • VIs
  • Exploring new worlds
  • Adventure 
  • Quiet moments
  • Exciting moments
  • Plot Moments
  • Creating Characters
Its the simple things that make me happy.  The very idea of Space is so vast, that you can dream up almost anything. Because we are only on the very shore of discovery. Even if things look dark, look to the sky, there is our future. Next stop: Mars. I just want to see us make it to Mars before I get KO'd out of this universe.

Honestly, you can have interesting characters, no matter what, provided they have some sort of recognizable trope as a foundation: The Wise Mentor, which can grow into Exiled Sage or Grandparent with Secrets or even X with a Heart of Gold. Depends on what kind of trimmings you want. Haven't been doing as much on twitter today because I am getting into the nuts and bolts of all these characters, including the side people and the antagonists. This cake is taking lots from all the things I love and I am one happy reader and writer at the moment.

Heh, just got that Savage Wars, Galaxy's Edge action delivered to the kindle. Noice.

Here

Another one for my upcoming days off. Besides those other things I promised. Man, I have needed this. Don't even mind that it was family stuff that took the car away. Firing on all cylinders with my setting. Inspiration kicks in at the oddest moments. But watching movies I enjoy in the background helps too.


No comments:

Post a Comment