Thursday, February 27, 2020

Steampunk! Let's get this rolling shall we?



This is a newer genre to me so Ill keep going back and forth to add books here as well:

I love making these things. Sure, its adding to "More to Read list" but oh well. That happens. I'll do my best to find things that are buried or fit the genre as best as it can. Steampunk has almost as much paranormal romance bs as my superhero tags. It's rather annoying at times to sift through. So much writers trying to out do one another with tag hopping.


Military with a Steampunk Twist:

Let's see, random word search ahoy!

I know this isn't the longest list yet. I have to get better at putting in keywords related to the tropes of this genre. I want to make sure its as steampunk as possible. Not Primary Urban Fantasy with some slight Steampunk trappings. Or Paranormal Romance Primary. Which is what the Parasol Protectorate is. It has much steam punk elements but its primary romance.  I've gone through 300+ pages. Much of it Not Steampunk even though that was part of the keyword I used.

PS: Bless Silver Empire publishing. They are the best.

https://silverempire.org/product-category/books/steampunk/

It's crazy how I only found one of their books when searching "steampunk." Then I tried SP Saga, SP Mystery, SP Heroes, SP Series....most of it was UF or PR. Again, I'll do my best to find stuff that is more in line with what one would expect with Telsa or Steampunk Inspired stories. Ill even take Victorian inspired stuff, provided it isnt a Primary Romance with basic lipservice.

No comments:

Post a Comment