Saturday, May 23, 2020

Blurbs that Turn Me Away



A simple list: (Of this reader's preferences and biases against Misery Sad Sack Sci Fi)

  • A powerful new voice in X genre!
  • I Identify with these Characters!
  • X Y Z-American Voice!
  • Review mentions: This story narrates X Y Z struggle so well! 
  • Social-Political Commentary of the Current Age!
  • Its like Watchmen but with X Y or Z!
  • These Villains are so relatable! GOSH!
Tell me why I should give a damn about the story! Not the message. Or rather, not the flimsy "WE SO WOKE" limp lipped messages I am tired of. If your story, esp sci fi genre has:

  • Mankind fucked the Earth, GLOBAL WARMING! 
  • Character: Gay/Lesbian/Trans/Bi ect. Thats it. Thats the whole Arc. 
  • Star Trek but Gayer, Or XYZ but Gayer! Who cares? Give me characters. Not talking points. Make me care about what they stand for, not who they sleep with. Because nowadays most "fantastical" fiction cares about that above everything else. Give me a reason to actually care about the story first and foremost.
Like shit, what does it take to make more things like Xena or Babylon 5? 


This series is better then the Kutherian Gambit series. Not as bloated too.

  • Blood Brothers, its on sale btw: Here
  • Qu Qu's vids: A real eye opener that can be applied to other mediums. Here  /// Here  /// Here 

No comments:

Post a Comment