Tuesday, June 9, 2020

The July List

The things on the Big Summer Month List, IE: OMG 3 paydays? YAY!


One has to keep track of Immediate Stuff. After bills and everything else. Helping Indies is also why I hardly spend anything on gaming at the moment. Cause June is going to be tight. Might even see if I can do some other part time work near home. Even if that means Ill have to get a bike and work at another very local store.

In a way, glad some of those indiegogos and kickstarters I did back happened while I was getting 30-40 hrs a week because of the initial virus craze. It actually delayed our summer slump stuff until mid way through May, instead of the end of April.

It just sucks that for about a month or two for summer at my local job, that's our slowest section, with hours that is. I still have some of my stimulus stuff but I spent half of it on food to help my family stay stocked up while we couldn't go on base for the commissary.

It was closed to retiree's like my dad for a while because of (NEWS DON'T CARE ABOUT COVID GHOST VIRUS NOW)

So legit, that really did help us. The April Stimulus that is. I know for some places 1200 isn't much but for me? That was vital. My parents had to use theirs on fixing the air conditioner and the septic pump breaking within a week of one another.

Update:

Now for the add-on!

More things that caught my eye. Been working hard on finding a 2nd part time job, one close to home so if I have to, I can ride a bike to it. Cause with taking care of grandma we need that one car maintained and functional.

Right now its all about saving where we can.

I really do wish I had Bill Gates level money. I'd be bankrolling so many things. But this will have to do for now. My intial part time job: 3 paydays in July. Hopefully the hours will pick up again, preferable to 3+Days a week.

I might have that other job lined up and ready by the end of July. *crosses fingers* Even if that's only an additional 2 days, that would still let me work 4 to 6 days a week. Which would help myself and my parents a whole lot. The downside of my current job doing 12.25 an hour: Its like whiplash. In our busy months, usually late Aug or Sept through April, its much easier for them to give me 20-25 hrs a week.

Mom didn't want me taking the family Car into Tampa stores for my workplace (IE helping other districts) because of the riots. And its the only car we have to help grandma with. So I was stuck just helping my home store in Wesley Chapel.

Glad I have at least 3-5 days on every bi-weekly payday. Cause that's some money coming in. I even applied at fast food places. Hoping to get another cashier job at the Gas station, Publix or Winndixie though. They are closest to me.

The reason why I am not in extremely bad shape? I have one local savings account and one with my grandmother on the other side of the county so I can't be tempted to take funds easily. Grandma is a good Depression Era thinker on making money last longer. Plus she can tell me No! really easy.

The FL DEO program: MVPs to me. Even though the payments I got weren't anything like what their critics want: IE 600 bucks a week for 10+ weeks back-pay. It was still more than I thought I would be eligible for. And I only submitted for 2 weeks. Wherein I only got to work 3 days at my primary job for that time-frame.

I would say summit the application: even if you are under-employed. You never know what you are eligible for.

Now for more projects:

No comments:

Post a Comment