Monday, July 27, 2020

The Basic Tale of Kindles




SO the cat had destroyed my 2nd Kindle by cracking the screen. SO I got a Fire afterwards, to mainly view comics in color and to have more room for audible. My first valiant Kindle was tucked away safe in the closet.

RIP Rev, you were still a good cat. Even if you destroyed 3 xbox cables as a kitten. Along with 2 kindle charging cables. That compelled me to get a wireless controller.

So my Kindle Fire stopped downloading books and audible but it still does music and movies no problem.

  • Rebooted it
  • Factory reset it
  • Disconnected it and reconnected it to our internet modem/router. 
  • Nada.
  • RIP DL ability. 
So now If I want to view comics, its the old drag and drop to the computer then pasted to the Fire itself.

Sidenote: OMG I forgot how much stuff was still on the old one. I only had 123 MB left of space on it. Time to clean house on that one too. Cause I know it doesn't even have as much space as the Fire does but the battery lasts much longer.

I mean, I still love looking at awesome things in glorious color but there is something to be said for a tablet that can go longer than 8 hours on a charge. Things that deserve to be in GLORIOUS color:






2 comments:

  1. Yeah I am torn between wanting the see the color covers vs better reading experience of kindle voyager.

    Amazon will have another prime day Soon (within a month), it is not announced yet what day. Will be able to get a new device for cheap soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I do like things in color. Will probably get an updated Fire for Audible and holding comic omnibuses. It makes even indie KS stuff I've gotten pop on the screen.

    ReplyDelete