Sunday, October 18, 2020

Search Patterns

 Finding other ways to get around Amazon's broken search abilities.

Its pretty vital to put -Romance and -LITRPG if you want to immediately cut down on the overall pile that both these settings/genres have on the whole footprint of scifi and fantasy nowadays. 

Its more than just the amount of Middle Aged Woman IKEA. So many have jumped on those two wheelhouses that it makes it nigh impossible to search through anything without bumping into these results. It wont stop the sponsored stuff but it will cut down some of the same stuff seen over and over.

I've also started searching by "new date" of release to find new faces.

 


 

I might give this a try because she has an uplifted alien dog in it. Here Ill see what the sample holds when it launches. Who knows. Might be fun.

Comparing your stuff to other properties is a double edged sword. 

I am not gonna get this because it mentions Star Trek: Picard. And a "diverse cast" of characters. Nope. Just tell me why I should care. Not because Check Marks the Spot.

Plus something like this tells me I probably wont like it either: "It takes more than Heroes to Save the Galaxy."

Ahh, more anti-heroes and villains. Whatever. So yeah, a well built blurb will attract readers you want. Or repel readers who don't want it.




No comments:

Post a Comment