Sunday, November 22, 2020

Fiannawolf's Favorites: Superhero Prose

Alright, this will be filled with series that meet my wheelhouse expectations for Superhero Prose. They will be more reconstructionist or hopeful in nature with likable characters! Onward! 

New Olympus SagaHere

  • It was my first "Superhero Prose" series I ever bought because CJ had a Tabletop Resource made alongside it. Here
  • He understands actual "gray morality" like Xena. IE: The characters aren't edgy sad sacs. They have virtues on display as well as faults. 
  • It has comic book themes from the golden age all the way to modern. So everyone can find things they can enjoy. 

Night Terror: Here

  • Doesn't take itself seriously. 
  • Hammy to 11.
  • Has that Xena and Gabby vibe I found fun: Some drama and a whole heaping of Campy.
  • If I were to compare it to a movie: Megamind. 
  • Subversive in a way that appeals to my wheelhouses. I love Megamind. Because, in the end, he was just an street level hero that wanted to do good. Even got the girl.

Heroes Unleashed: Silver Empire Publishing Here //// Amazon Here

From my Amazon Review:


That's what most of these series have for me. They have characters I want to follow! Plus it doesn't just appeal to my personalize wheelhouses but will bring in other readers as well.

  • Has Astro City level appeal.
  • Reconstructionist in nature. 
  • Has genuine trappings of Superhero themes and ideas. 
  • Heroes who remember what Heroism is.

Defiant StoryHere

  • The 2nd string heroes save the day.
  • Has more of an 80s look at supers. Byrne Era Superman stuff. 
  • The biggest thing: They want to be heroes. Not sad sacks forced into it. 

One Last Echo: Here

  • It has heroes.
  • It has villains.
  • It has hope. 
  • + Space! 
  • Likable Characters. Sarge understands Superheroes too. 

(I'll add more as I complete series. Still finishing Mercury Hale, Action Figures and a few others.)

No comments:

Post a Comment