Monday, December 28, 2020

Cyberpunk 2077: X-Mas Present Edition

So yeah, I have over 100 hrs clocked in now. Havent even beaten the main game or all the side missions yet. Mostly running around Night City to see where some fun secrets are at. Currently: Sword Master. Swish Swish! 





I still think they need to work on their hat game. Just now getting into finding all of Silverhand's items.

Yes, the initial meeting with him is very abrasive but somehow V's personality can be a Light to his Darkness. Sure, he's still a prick but you can mellow him out somewhat.  Quick Points:

  • Many of the side characters are genuinely likeable, Vic, Misty, Judy, Panam. You end up caring about them. Even Takamura. I ended up saving him. Go back into the hotel. Don't leave it. There's a hole in the side of the wall that you can use to go back upstairs to save him. Its the mission where he asks for 4 knocks! AND I DO MEAN 4 KNOCKS AT THE DOOR! (Its called Search and Destroy)
  • Have 10 intelligence in order to save a certain flamingo car and its siblings in a later quest. I didn't. You can max 3 attributes to 20 if you want.
  • Most of the endings are very downer ones. Because every hero's journey needs that option in games. (sarcasm).With books its up to the writer but with games, you have to give the player an option for a optimal win ending: Hero gets the girl, rides off  into the sunset, no matter the genre or setting. Its why Mass Effect had such a blacklash to its ending. 
  • Happy endings don't ruin games. Even in horror games. Give players the option. Esp. if its a hardcore RPG. People play to win the OVER THE TOP GOOD WINS. Even if they don't admit it outright. I will. ME WANT OPTIMISTIC HAPPY ENDINGS! 
  • I like looking for mysteries and crafting all sorts of things. 
  • Please improve car responses. The Shion from the Badlands is best car so far for racing/handling. Still have to finish that side quest too. The motorcycles handle fine. In comparison.  
  • It would be fun to have a "Running Man" gag.
  • The montage after "Chippin In" was hilarious. I just knew that kinda crazy would happen.

I mean, look how long the thread is now: Here

 (WARNING: ENDING SPOILERS IN THE LINK)

If anything has even a remote level of player choice or agency, be like Bioshock 1. Have an ending to that heroes journey that makes the adventure worth while. People may say that "Happy Endings" are boring but the reaction says otherwise. They want it on the table.  Jack in Bioshock, even though the ending was short it was sweet. You got to see him raise a family and die as an old man surrounded by loved ones. Even though Bioshock had darker themes, the bright ending shined all the brighter for him, Its why I wished Bioshock Infinte would have had something better for the Booker and Elizabeth you played. A version of them continue, its implied but....just what a hit to the system. I can only take so much BITTTER BIIIITTTER Endings. 

Which is why I am aiming for the Nomad one. Out of all of them, that leaves on the lightest note. But that specter is still in the background like a cancer waiting to hit the Player Character. I wont say much more just to state that of all the Endings, this one seems the least Pyrrhic. Heck, I think that's why I am putzing around with my first playthru to see what clicks. Hopefully the DLC will add some hope at the end of the tunnel. Even Sheridan within B5 ended up coming back and still having more time with Delenn. B5 could have had a complete downer ending if JMS wanted to. But he didnt, he interjected just enough hope for most of the characters that made the journey worth while. 

Yes, I've crashed 2 times. (PC version). In my case its just the framerate. Even with Outer Worlds I had to cap it at 60. 

Give us brighter endings, even in a craptastic world: Bright Swords

Fist of the North Star is a favorite of mine because of the sheer contrast of the hero vs a downer world. He doesn't let it change him. He actively makes people better. The ones who want to change that is. I plan on playing through Lost Paradise next anyways. Even Berserks brighter moments shine in comparison. 

V has just enough personality on their own to be an avatar for the player and to have their own drives, which will usually match the player's: Survival. 

I just don't want that avatar to go out like a roman candle. Hopefully the DLC will add another avenue or sequel to V's quest. Feels like the game was changed for Reeves' Silverhand portrayal. He had some great lines and even some character development that changed Silverhand for the better but I really want to see V succeed. Even if CP 2077 isnt as RPG intensive as Fallout New Vegas or those of that nature. I still hope they will add that to the game. Its why I dont mind spoiling people for this.

Uplift Protocol's ending will give people sugary diabetic attacks. Count on it.  

Note: (Addendum) There is a sidequest with the Lady from the 2013 trailer. Its called Bullets (The Clothing Store has it)

You have to visit a few times, It triggered in Act 3 for me. Some side quests wont even happen until you do other side quests before it. Its why I didn't fly through the main Quest. I'm not even sure what the hard stop point is just yet.


 



The DLC looks like it will occur outside Night City in some parts. Based on what I could see here for the main roads out in the Badlands and beyond the Oil Fields. 






No comments:

Post a Comment