Saturday, January 2, 2021

Ringing in a New Year!

 

2020 was a turning point in more ways than one.

Brought Uplift Protocol into play. Enjoying old video games. Watching DC Comics burn. Finding out if I wanted Noble and Bright Settings I'd have to do it myself. Along with Uplifted Dogs.

I'm not the only one doing their part for dogs. 

We got: 

As far as the steam sale goes: With xmas gifts comes much fun. 

BG3 was from Dad while CP 2077 was from my brother. I treated them to Steam cards as well. It helps to have a family filled with mostly gamers/dorks. 



So Ill have plenty on my plate to play. Might get Wasteland 3 at some point. Probably when it hits 25 or less bin. For 60 bucks I want to get 2-6 games. If that means I wait a few years, then so be it. 

Yeah, I will probably hate them forever for what they did to Superman but its a double edged sword. It got me away from the Milk Factory that is called Rose Colored Glasses. Esp when it comes to soulless corporations hoping for one last buck on nostalgia. 

SO yeah, have fun sinking in that YA self insert morass DC Comics. You could have gone the route of Manga but you just wanted to have your stupid ass soapbox like Marvel. Cape comics aren't supposed to be Watchmen. They are just supposed to be entertaining and fun. Goofy fun. Remember fun you pretentious hacks? From the looks of it, nope. Which is why the bloated corpse of the Hugos continues. Boring trite message fiction. For the fart huffing crowd. 

Yeah, glad the sad and rabid puppies stuff opened my eyes to that idiocy as well.

The only thing worth pirating from DC Comics is The Last God. (If that's your wheelhouse.) 

Yes, I say that to insult DC comics and what its editors want to shovel out to people. Manga is murdering your sorry asses. I'm just here with the marshmellows. My wallet has been healthier since I've left "established" IPs behind. 

Everything else is drek. Get the old stuff from the 80s and before 3rd party if you want. Cause its likely they don't give a shit about hobby shops. Remember: Don't feed them. Which is why I don't have Disney Plus. Which is why I don't have Netflix, which is why I don't have all sorts of streaming services. I have physical copies of the Gargoyles dvds. Which Diseny doesn't give a fuck about that series either. Thank goodness. A reboot would be woke claptrap anyways. Glad Tron isn't on the remake block either. Here, read this: It will get you away from IP rot Click!

I plan on making 2021 all about up and coming indies. Even if it doesn't get me insta clicks, I rather focus on replacing dead IPs. So journey outwards. Find other comics to read besides the usual suspects. They don't deserve your time, money or attention. Or find it on project gutenburg: Here

Go seek Barsoom! 

Find the paths less traveled because of post modern garbage: Lensmen 

Watch some worth while shows like GITS or Record of Lodoss War. Or Irresponsible Captain Tylor. Babylon 5's formula should be copied more. 

Have a belated X-mas of Anthology fun: Krampus Kristmas

I am already ringing in the new year for Heroes! Find that next adventure. Here

Just find something else to bring to the forefront rather than hoping that sinking IPs will change. They really won't. All you will get is scraps. Something to string you along before the next "Rey Muh Sue" happens. Yes, I know there's still arguments about it but she fits my definition of a Gary or Mary Sue/Stu. She doesn't need help from anyone. Rolls natural 20s on everything. 

Want a superhero kick that will bring in different readers and wheelhouses? Heroes Unleashed: Here

What a mish mash of street level heroes or traditional archetypes? Dark Titan Entertainment:  Here

If you have anything even remotely like Star Warden or Uplift Protocol: Add it to the comments below. Feed me! Even if it only overlaps with say half of my wheelhouse sensibilities.

Have more happy endings? Tell me about them. I want more Bioshock 1s! Not doom and gloom "earn your happy ending." If you have something like the Scout Series, lay it on me. I need help searching. Let's make Optimism shine again.


No comments:

Post a Comment