Friday, April 23, 2021

Endurance

On one hand: What I want out of entertainment is shoved off to the side and ignored while things like Invincible

 

Gets the Limelight.

It makes me wonder if there's any way to have a truly aspirational renaissance occur quicker. Its why I am super stubborn in what I want with Uplift Protocol. I know what I want is considered passe at best by "modern" tastes. But should it remain that way? No. 

I look to the past to inform my future. SO many people found lights within the darkness by escaping for a few moments a day with a fun book or adventure. So what if it's corny to some? Or considered childish. It's what I want. 

I want hope. I will continue to write. No matter if I have 10 readers, 100 readers or 1000s by the end of the series. One one hand: The neglect of the heroic within the Iconic Aspirational means that Hollowwood wouldn't desire to produce something like Uplift Protocol right now. They have their Nihilism Ray set on other things for the moment. Like Deconstruction.

My wheelhouse of fun isn't defective. Its just not the "in vogue" pattern of entertainment. We must continue to build the things we want to see. To persevere even when people say, "But its not worth it! DO things this way! CONFORM! BAAAAAAA!"

I'm stubborn. Keep on Chugging! The Dawn will return. We just have to make sure there's a house of Noblebright to go along with the welcome mat. 

Even though this is from a certain kind of writer its what I hold closest to my heart. Never loose enthusiasm for life. Sure my job isn't the most engaging or fun. Its filled with the mundane but writing lifts me up. Gives me drive. Along with family, friends and even Faith. 



No comments:

Post a Comment