Sunday, June 13, 2021

Sunday Break Day: Sex Interludes in Books

 This picture explains it all for me but Ill do some other bullet points.



Anita Blake's later books exemplify this adage. Less is more with INTIMATE setups.

Here's an example from Uplift Protocol.


Implied setup. See? No squick factor involved. I do the same for other characters. Like King Elias and his wife. They woke up, in the nude but it was implied, not directly stated.

You can use a light brush on "Well Bang! OK?!" Which more "ADULT" oriented stuff would get this. There are very few people that can tackle the Insert P into P setups with any kinda nuance or class. So that's why I avoid direct on page setups. 

The Big Points:


  • Unless its a BIG ROMANCE PRIMARY OR EROTICA! the bumping uglies setup doesn't move the plot forward in the least. 
  • Most ways people implement sex in books is cringe at best. Meme worthy. If lucky. Or Adventures in Awful: (Om King anyone?) Here or Bit chute: Here
  • No matter the medium: Most X rated setups feel tacked on. 
  • The few decent ones I can recall? Movie wise that is: Terminator 1, Somewhere in Time

I find as I get older: I want more classy setups. All of this is just one FL woman's preferences and opinions.



Links: Why I Broke Up with Anita Blake

Because why not? This is still a good summary on why. Here

Mr. Finn on Sex in Books: Here

More Space Fun Just Because!

Starport Lounge Anthology: Here


No comments:

Post a Comment