Friday, November 26, 2021

Currently Reading Updates: Skyward

I've read a few chapters of Skyward. (Basically read the sample to see if it would fit my wheelhouse enough)

But didn't start the audible until the 3rd book hit. (I usually wait for a series to have a few books before I start reading.)

Skyward (The Skyward Series Book 1) by [Brandon Sanderson] 

Big Points: Listened to 13 chapt so far.

Spensa is a bit too hot headed. I usually don't go for teen characters as much these days. This mainly interested me because of the mishmash of sci fi elements. BUT!

I like Quirk. Sweet southern lady and the audible is on point for that. My writer brain tells me that they want the humans to stay on the surface/ground cave system of the planet. 

(Might have a collection of aliens keeping them there. But so far its one race attacking. A different kind of containment/Uplift Protocol here. :P Since it looks like they could have KOd this planet a looong time ago. Maybe they tried and the thing shielding everyone is in the debris floating around the planet?) 

I think Spensa has a legit connection to stars or something that governs them because she has a few "listen to the music of the spheres" moments. Her dad is a def. red herring for whatever the higher ups know. (Military wise.) 

Don't think he ran from the Fight in the opening. I think he was activated. (Possible Hybrid)

The First citizen people from the OG Civilization Earth ships? They def. aren't telling the general populous everything. Decent Pacing. Spin and Rig will probably repair or salvage something plot worthy from that ancient yet advanced starship. (Of USA or Western Design since words are in English)

Spin will probably get romantically involved with Jerkface. They display the tropes of this. 

I am more legit invested in finding out why these humans are here on that planet rather than on a outer colony attachted to Earth. 

Either its Lost, Destroyed, or so far along in history people do not remember where the home galaxy is.



No comments:

Post a Comment