Sunday, January 1, 2023

The Uplift Protocol The Twin Rulers of the Sky: Prologue

 


The Uplift Protocol: Twin Rulers of the Sky

Copyright © 2023 by K..M. Able


All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.
All the characters and events in this book are fictitious. Any resemblance to those living or dead is coincidental.

Dedication:

To all of us seeking hope in stories!


Prologue: The Deepest Dreaming


    Even the Oversoul must dream.--Ruminations on the Void


    Each has a shadow. That part of themselves that pulls at their waking hours. I just dig deeper than most. --The Dreamweaver


    Dreams. Nightmares. We all have them. No matter who or what you are. Mortal. Demi. Gods. Demons. He knew this. From the start. You want to know the hierarchy? You must go back to the beginning. Not ours. His.--The Unseen Archives: The Dreaming


    The Multiverse still bears the scars. Many will remember. Well beyond the Void between the Stars. The dreams will not let them forget.--The Arbiter Testimonies


Dreamrealm of Vangar

First Cycle of All

Terran Date Calculated: (Redacted- Contact Admin for Clarence)


    The Dreamweaver pressed his fingertips to the threads. His brother’s radiance sent ripples across the surface. The Oversoul bent down and plucked three vibrant golden ropes.


    “These shall be my eyes among the newly awakened world.”


    Dreamweaver said nothing. What would his brother know anyway?


    Oversoul continued to walk across the waters. He turned. His bright eyes gleamed against the swirling mists of the newly awakened multiverse. Hope blazed against the dark swirling around them.


    Black tendrils flowed over the shadowed visage of Dreamweaver.


    Dreamweaver asked, “What use is life without the promise of nightmares?”


    His brother of supreme radiance turned away. Dreamweaver tested the words.


    “Threads to gather. From one stage to the next. Your descendants shall regret their waking hours.” He spun his weapons from the ether of creation. A blaze of ghostly light split his face in two.


    “I shall encompass all.”




    Doc caught me as I fell to my knees.


    The heartbeat reverberating within the walls quickened.


    I summoned my spear. Its light pulsed with his heart.


    We were at the source. Beyond Elysium.


    My voice came out calm. Nearly detached.


    “We are inside the Oversoul itself.”


    Doc ran her hand over the silvered walls. Sigils rose. A gentle breeze hit our faces.


    The Silver Lady held her golden chalice aloft. “You must take the Tears from him.”


    Void Man joined her. “He holds the Tears of Arum.”


    Doc pressed a hand to her chest. Her eyes rolled back. Lethe spoke, “Arsul for the stars above! Arum for the dreams of all.”


    Voices rose from my spear. The recovered Golden Host members.


    “The Path of Ancients shall be renewed!”


    Every cycle would be cleansed from his corruption. I would carry the living. My brother would ferry the dead. What purpose would the Twilight Throne serve? It would all end in the fires of the Dreaming.


    I stared into the starlight expanse of the Void Man’s hood.


    Silver Fox was me. From the farthest reaches of the future. Also gathering what was needed. That same bright illumination on the Silver Lady’s garments held my attention. Each strand clicked into place. My hands were not my own. Not always. Just as Dexter…..


    Lethe reached out to press one index finger to the spear head. “Do you begin to see it? Dear Shield of All?” Everyone who ever existed had a spark of the Oversoul in them. Alongside a seed of the Dreamweaver. We only had to choose who to follow. Which side to give faith to. The Void Man’s face rippled. Ayeer eyes stared out at me. Then human. Litiri. Markav. I’Cath.


    The Oversoul had seen it all.


    Lethe whispered, “Vessels made to sail within all the dark places that we must walk.”


    Just as Weavespeakers were his eyes. Light Shamans his mouth. Demis were his hands. The Dreamweaver coveted everything his brother ever created. I sucked in a sharp breath.


    The Void Man held his golden sword aloft, “You shall see the role of the Tears. As they were meant to be!” It wasn’t a question of where. But when. Trees rose all around us. The stars brightened. Each blade of grass was a verdant green. Two Lion cubs raced toward us. The first was a brilliant silver.


    The Icath Ruling Pairs.


    He spoke, “You're late! Come on!”


    The female swatted him playfully, “Oh don’t be that way Targus!”


    The Silver King. Each pair. Every cycle the Oversoul….


    Lethe squeezed my hand. Onto each cycle until…


    Targus circled me. “….she’s on target!”


    Strong hands prevented me from toppling backward.


    The Void Man murmured, “Easy now.” I nodded.


    I strode forward. My spear steady in my left hand. As the treeline cleared a silver city rose. Its massive domes lined with gold and obsidian. First Home. The largest dome opened. A figure rose.


    Silver Fox landed gracefully.


    The reborn multiverse. With Eden at its head.


Interlude Brick Upon Brick: Here

Book 11 Issue 1: Here

No comments:

Post a Comment