Friday, January 3, 2020

Superhero Prose Books Explosion!

I went through all 400 pages of the Sub Genre of Fantasy that listed itself as Superhero. Then did the same on the sci fi side of the house (75 pages or so), here's all the various books I found that met my criteria for Superhero Prose/Novels. That and had basic editing so you don't go cross eyed in the meantime.

Here's all the various ones I've found that meet the basic setup:

  • Not Paranormal Romance
  • Not Harem or Reverse Harem
  • Not Lit RPG. (Ill make a different post about that, I have found some I've liked)

What I want to see: (Thus why I am now writing.) 

  • Decent World building
  • Alternate Earth preferably 
  • Good vs Evil, less Grey moral ambiguity
  • More Optimistic but a good portion of books I've found love the dystopia route. 
  • Teambuilding
  • Less "Protag" in school setups
So many comics have become infected by "Must get on the Watchmen" wagon and deconstruct or have"gritty" realism or moral ambiguity. You don't have to be the next watchmen or death of superman or any other "big" event. Sometimes its refreshing to find something that is strait forward good vs bad. Good is good, bad is bad and sometimes the hero or heroine can redeem some people.

Even some of the prose novels get hit with this but its not nearly as bad as Tom King. Or Bendis. Don't go full Tom King. Its not healthy.  

Good doesnt have to mean soft either. I hope when I get my series done, I can provide someone else with just as much fun as I've had writing it.

Here's all the superhero prose book lists I put together in one spot. I hope they bring enjoyment to people. :D There are repeats because some series I've been following for a while.










No comments:

Post a Comment