Thursday, March 19, 2020

In my Case....


via:Texts from Babylon 5

This whole virus event means more hours at work for me. (I will admit, I am slightly kinda tempted by that extra 1,000 dollars thing, if only to buy more hard working writers and comics creator stuff.)

My responsible side says if that does happen, to put it in savings, my nerd side says but "THINK! All those books....." To be honest, I'd probably put 800 in savings then go slightly giddy with 200 or so. Depending on bills and payday, most times I put aside a good 40-90 bucks a pay period to nerdy pursuits.

But like all things, I just plan on working, getting paid that way. 

Cause so far, my pharmacy chain is going on all cylinders and our store hours aren't shifting one bit when it comes to open/closing times. Some local grocery stores here are going 1 hr earlier for closing but that's so they can have more time to restock shelves. Based on what other people working there have said. 

But onward! To the nerdy things I enjoy.

Ill always promote favorite sci fi things:

This is very sudden but space doggo! IT HAS SPAAAAAAAAACE DOOOOOOGO!

  • Last Guardians 
  • This looks like its gonna be fun space opera. I can feel it in my bones. Plus here's the link to the first 10 pages so you can look for yourself: Here 
Got my pledges in for:
Next Pay Cycle:

Silver Empire Book Club Upgrade: (so i can rebuy some books....muahahahaha!) Here
Outworlder: Here
Ascendant:  Here

Well this is a thing that engulfed my seagull brain: Mine? MINE!

Sea Of Stars

Just dayyyyyyyyyum, get me to the choppa, that looks freaking good. Yessum.

Moar RPGs like Yesteryear? YES PLZ.

I think I will do a very unwise thing and look back through my twitter feed to amass more lighthouses on the seas of books and space opera.

And then, Ill get Von Monicle

Because good books should be supported. Especially at times like this. If what we want isnt on the shelves, make it ourselves or support others doing it. That's my simple goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment