Monday, July 6, 2020

Allegories and Allusions

Stuff like this just rubbed me the wrong way about "modern" BIG TWO to irrelevance comics:


In my series, I make fun of the nasty woman line, the wage gap and some other things but I do it without hamfisting any modern political figures into it. Hilary Brookes is basically my take on Lex Luthor if he was a woman, with the FBI, with a heavy X-files Paranoia Smoking Man bent. She's also part Void Walker from fracked up experiments. So she doesn't have the most stable of father figures either.

Anna Preston-McGuire is my take on someone so unbelievably self centered that she doesnt even realize she's wreaking everyone around her. The only reason her current husband isn't even bothered is because he's a workaholic. Which she accuses her former husband of. She blames everyone but herself for her failures.

Eliza can sense this in both characters. She has no idea how to help them because they are women trapped in their own ego trips. Even without throwing in the Empath angle, I wanted to build Eliza up as a person who wants to build bridges. Connections with people. Even if those people reject her outright. She cant help it b/c she senses the underlying pain.  

I wonder if most IPs are a mix of Pop Cult and Death Cult at this point.

I'm still developing my craft but I am not going to beat readers over the head. Anna has canned talking points about Star because she's projecting her insecurities onto demis, esp if they remind her of her former husband in any way, shape or form. Even if he hasn't been on page much at the moment: The US president in my series is a mix of 5 or 6 different historical figures. With the look of Col. Sanders thrown in. Ill be updating the cast pages again in the future. To be honest, he's going to serve as a commentary role part of the time.Sometimes a quest instigator, to point the heroes in a certain direction, or to just add in a wink or three about Uplift events. Terran Alliance politics are pretty straightforward because I don't want to have much real world grit crap in my series. I wants super hero antics and pew pew.

DC and Marvel are hammering home TDS at every angle. Fuck them. Ill take a pole and knock them off their high horse and laugh as their IPs burn. Its gotten to that point. I could care a less if their parent corporations dissolved them at this point. They don't deserve anyone's support. They ruin everything they touch nowadays. And I consider myself a normie for the most part.

With shops closing down, theaters and many more traditional outlets of entertainment going the way of the dodo bird, it wont be long until there's a barren land of fucks to which nothing shall ever grow again. I imagine the things that will keep any hobby shop open is backlog. Before the rot set in.

No comments:

Post a Comment