Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Why I am Blunt and Never Protect my Tweets

I stand by my opinions, I saw a response to this thread, which was partially saved on the Wayback Machine and decided to put some of it here. I feel that most writing (themes/tropes/character/world building) "advice" is useless for most people. You have to write in order to see what kind of preferences and wheelhouses you want.

As a reader and writer:

  • What personal preferences take dominance in your enjoyment levels?
  • What kinds of character setups do you favor?
  • What themes and level of worldbuilding do you personally prefer? 
  • DO you want a story with a few POVs? 1 POV? More? 
  • Do you want to Subvert? Deconstruct? Uplift or Superversive your Story output?

 Technical! writing knowledge is different. There's reasons why certain framing devices work.

Let's take a look at all this: Or at least what I was able to find in the Machine.







I recorded my responses: 



A comparison of the old vid that a user had to re-upload vs the remake.




Oh boy. (With regards to Lily.)

Look: Just write everyone. You will develop wheelhouses and themes you like along the way. Have a healthy balance of Laughing at yourself and working hard on your books. IT feels like this  Lily person doesn't laugh enough. 

That's just my opinion as a reader and writer. Seeing where most "modern" stuff has gone has propelled me into making Uplift Protocol. 

And just cause I loves it: Read more Galaxy Ascendant! Wherein Yakov proves he knows what he likes and delivers on it! https://amzn.to/3pGT4cg

No comments:

Post a Comment