Thursday, July 29, 2021

What's in a Phrase?

 carousel image 0

I usually had Star/Eliza say, "Truth, Justice and the American Dream." Mostly to tweek the saying a bit. Because in my setting? The American Dream is a constant drive. She's Texan but my world's version of a Texan.

My Earth? Most of Humanity listens to the better angels of their hearts. Robin Hood fights for his people and helps Star protect Earth. More of Earth's magic setup will be rearing up in this Book 5 but after the new few chapters of Dexter's bit of Chronicling. 

Yes, she protects more than Earth or the US of A but she's also very proud of her home. Her people. Her simple way of life and how she was raised. That is the truth I want to project onto my series. Its ok to make old style Americana. To be hopeful. Upbeat. Wanting to have faith in one's country. 

Yes, me the writer! I am tired of the over abundance of cynicism. 

I wanted to have a family that is brought together and isn't broken by secrets. Yet those secrets, for the most part, were done out of concern. Not to hurt people. I introduced Robin/Elias eariler than intended because one of my readers wanted to see what became of his country. There are countries that don't exist in Uplift Protocol because in the way back times, those demis tried to overtake the world. So Ta'mathon and the Golden City had to respond to their madness. Thus some countries didn't make it out of the ancient era.

Which had been influenced by Chronos. 

Chronos has a mindset of "Lets see how these experiments bounce off each other. For data and if one proves to be stronger, Ill abduct samples." So yes, most of the Middle East isn't actually the Middle East on my Uplift Protocol Earth. Its why the Arcane Council has members spread out across the planet and beyond now. In their olden days? They watched and monitored when outside forces wanted to use humanity as a lab rat. 

That's the wonder of an alt Earth. It doesn't have to mirror ours 1 for 1. I could have made an Earth where America was the leading Nation all over. But I wanted to keep other factors in play. Demis did change the landscape. I just poke around and pull back the onion as I go along.

There's nothing wrong with wanting Truth, Justice and the American Way. 

Don't let that flame die out.

No comments:

Post a Comment