Monday, November 7, 2022

The Uplift Protocol The Ourobourous Chain: Issue 27

 

Issue 27: Terrible Tuesdays



    She is a brittle metal. What did the Highest expect from our meeting?--Lucifer

    Pull the fleet to the mid rings! Now!--Emergency Alert: Heronet Profile Judgment

    I give all that I am into your service.--The Piper

    Even after my long sojourn within the Sands? One must learn to adapt and overcome. Upon reflection it had been his choice. I didn’t realize that. I could only see the endless fury of loss.--The Unseen Archives Vol 4

Elysium

Golden Host Reliquary (Outer Shell Layer)

August 9th 3266



    Lucifer raised one claw to his mouth.

    “Delicious!” The scholar’s lifeblood sent a thrill through his system. “Creation Vintage!” He kept the leer plastered on his face. His other palm burned as he caught the spear shaft. The helm retracted. Lucifer’s mirth grew, “Even now you have no power over me crippled wing.” He had what he wanted. Everything else was Abbadon’s problem now.

    She was stronger than before but still woefully under experienced.

    Murphy was but a flea within the whirlwind of the cosmos.

    I screamed as I drove the spear toward Lucifer’s face. Piper’s heartbeat slowed. There was still time. I could feel the lifeblood of Elysium flowing through the outer rings. Each hit drove the horned fiend back. His upper fangs extended as blocked another blow.

“What are a few thousand years to my dominance? Pathetic!”

    I didn’t hold back. I tossed my spear heavenward. Its blackened surface blazed with golden runes. Lucifer’s white tipped claws smoked on the defensive barrier of my Thronebearer wards. I made a downward slashing motion.

    A rain of obsidian spears descended upon us.

    Morningstar hissed as his flesh burned.

    “Not asking that Doctor for help? Shameful!”

    Piper’s heart continued its irrevocable march toward death.

    Why wasn't he taking any of Doc’s rejuvenation pills!?

    Push past the words. He meant to taunt me. I would be lying if I said it flowed off me like water. It crawled into my heart. That rage. The wrath threatened to consume me. I summoned the part of myself tied to the Amache. I let the dark matter flow through my veins. I would need every ounce of power I could muster. It was the key first element within the physical plane. Why I could master it. Even if most could not detect it within this era.

    I dashed in to land an uppercut on Lucifer’s jaw. Black Scrawl flowed across my knuckles in response. It sparked as it depleted my auras. He rubbed the spot delicately with one claw. “That almost hurt!”

    He was allowing me to hit him.

    Just what Dexter wanted.

    Dexter Murphy waited until the dark matter flow reached Lucifer’s bloodstream. It was just enough to leave a trace. Eliza’s mastery was key. She was a decent fighter but that wasn't what was needed here.

    >>Piper is consuming healing materials.<<

    He waited until the battle reached fever pitch.

    In order to jump start Elysium his sister’s sorrow must follow.

    He linked with Piper, <<Are you sure you wish me to say this?>>

    The red haired Scholar replied faintly, <<Yes. I see it in the reflections. She must let my death consume her in this moment. I knew when we first met in that mall so long ago.>>

    Dexter’s mind coiled tightly about Eliza, >>Only in death can the Piper redeem himself.<< It was a hidden truth. He needed allies just as much as Eliza. His came from the soul shards themselves. Piper would be the first of his vanguard. As was written within the Unseen Codex. The real history of this world. A soul reforged within the purified layer of of the Immortal. Within the Boundaries of Eden. Beyond the Du’at. Beyond Abbadon’s Night Realm. Its name hidden to all but its protectors. The buildings shook and rearranged themselves. High above? The three dormant sol spheres turned.

    Their divine sigils glowed momentarily.

    Soaking in the lamentations of his sister’s tears.

    Judgment swayed as another burst of shock waves threatened to knock him off his feet. Y’lansa’s voice rippled across the coms net, <<All ships! Retreat to the mid layers of Elysium! All ground forces to follow!>>

    The only reason Thomas Murphy could remain upon the surface layer of this place? His son’s shadow provided just enough cover to endure it. All around them the city came to life. Sunlight rained down upon each and every demonic creature writhing within the dark recesses of Elysium’s ruined streets. As each tear fell? Waters rose to fill emptied lakes. Rivers. Oceans. A liquid stream of white-blue flame shot outward from a golden dome. The amethyst eyes of an Ourobourous opened. Its gray scales lightened to a brilliant white.

    It intoned, “What is your will Arbiter?”

    Eliza replied hotly, “//*:*\\ //88-|-88\\ //A:A\\ //M:M\\ my allies!

    Dexter translated. Sanctify. Ignite. Rebirth. Barrier.

    Lucifer bowed mockingly, “Be seeing you. Arbiter. Bring a better spear next time.”

    He sliced open a portal of Black Scrawl.

    His cold laughter echoed.

    My fist hit open air. Sound resumed. Piper’s ragged breaths brought me back to the present. Uriel was cradling his head with one hand. The other held a chalice. I dashed over to the entryway of the Host Reliquary. I knelt. Pressed my palm to his chest. My tears fell unabated.

    One word pressed upon me.

    Fingers brushed my cheek. He was smiling. Piper whispered, “Let me go.”

    I couldn't. “Doc’s almost here...”

    My sight said otherwise. His body was beyond all repair.

    Even with Doc’s healing abilities. Perhaps the Tears could….

    Red patterns ate away at his flesh. A fatal blow. Not committed within the physical realm alone but within all three. From a master of all three. Corrupted as Lucifer was. I continued to recite the Word.

    //H:H\\

    Rejuvenation!

    To prevent his soul from leaving.

    I rocked on my heels. Cradling Piper to my chest. I couldn't give up on my friend.

    My lips chapped as I continued to chant. His hand never left my cheek. His eyes locked onto mine. There was no accusation there. Only patience. The kindness only deepened my distress. How could I protect all when I couldn't even protect my friends?! What had all that training come to if not for this?!

    Lethe exited Y’alansa’s warship.

    The part of her that was Lorain remained dormant. Eliza’s power coiled about Elysium. For it was her shield world. Just as Tarkanan was Dexter’s. Each given a piece of the balance. To be renewed. Repair the Shattering. General Whitehouse leaned against a white pillar. Its energies rejuvenated him. He remarked, “Good thing she thought to shield everyone!”

    He thought they had all been toast when that white wave of energy had flowed over the entire Shield World. Crazy places. Multiple layers. Crack one open and another emmerges.

    No more monsters floating in the skies of Elysium.

    Arthon noted gently, “...all but one.”

    Whitehouse grew quiet. The smoke from his pipe his only response.

    What had Piper been thinking?

    Lethe flew onward. Until the warm rays of the triple suns graced her features. Her Yellow Defender belt linked to Sentinel. The Bardaxian’s bright eyes wavered, <<Even I cannot reach her. She won’t let go of Piper.>>

    The Tears of All continued to fall upon the surface of Elysium.

    Lethe could not intervene.

    This path was meant for the Piper.

    J’ino pressed her palms against the energy barrier.

    All around her the planet bloomed. Glorious beyond all measure. The crystalline towers upon Typha had no equal until today. She turned to ask her son, “Why did the Piper allow himself to die? Uriel’s wards and Eliza’s should have been enough to allow him to escape!”

    The barrier shifted. It hardened.

    Eliza wasn't allowing anyone in. Not even Lorain. J’ino concentrated on the barrier.

    Lethe relaxed her hold over Lorain. This would not be the time for creation level memory. Lorain blinked. It was still odd. She knew another older aspect of herself took the reigns periodically. Didn't know the reason why. Only that she trusted Eliza’s explanation, “They are hidden memories. One day we both shall complete our journey. Then all recollections will be available to us.” That part of herself knew how to siphon what life energies it could to bolster the soul shards of others. To heal their physical shells.

    Lorain pressed her forehead to the shielding. Her defender belt added, <<Silver Defender wards activated. I cannot breach this.>> Lanis bit her lower lip.

    You have to let him go.

    She hated to admit it.

    Eliza had already saved countless people. Those who existed. Those present and those who would be. Judgment stepped forward. “It is not our place. He will have to convince her.” Lorain watched as Dexter materialized behind his father. His Arbiter of the Sands uniform reformed across his body. “The body is just a shell. When the time comes? We shall re-ignite the soul.”

    The Climb. Lorain would catch glimpses through their Typherian Bond.

    Harrowing didnt even cover it. Lorain shivered.

    This was a taste of what would be should they fail.

    Piper’s sightless blue eyes stared up at me.

    His soul lingered. Compelled by my will to remain. I repeated the renewal refrain. The strain against my mortal form made my voice a shadow of itself. What was the use of all my training thus far? If I couldn't save those dear to me? His hand lingered on my cheek. Still warm. I could almost trick myself. The others paced about the barrier. Another hand rested itself on my shoulder.

    Uriel. I had forgotten. He didn't say a word.

    The understanding in those angelic features pierced my heart.

    Piper whispered, “I owed you.” Images followed.

    Elysium was a wreck.

    He carried two babies in his arms. Not human. Thronebearer. My mind translated. They took on human form. Unity had finished its initial campaign. Tarkanan fled. Leaving its sister shield world to its fate. The skies rained. Crimson droplets burned the Piper as he ran. He stumbled as he rounded a marbled pillar. Noah’s Ark gleamed as smoke and flame roared higher. Icabod clung to his shoulder. <<Master! We have gathered the last of the threads.>>

    He wrapped us within a shroud made of those threads.

    Each rat a pinprick of sliver light.

    Piper leaned over and whispered into my brother’s ear, “I place myself into your service.”

    The Void Man’s black cloak snapped in the breeze.

    “You know what price must be paid? To the Arbiter of Final Vigil.

    My throat tightened. Final? I thought all souls had the chance to be reborn? Once we fixed the covenant Abbadon had fled from! I slowed my breathing. Concentrate. Piper held us towards the silver steps. “I vow to follow the Arbiter of the Unseen Eye. To Vigil’s End. To seek those who would hide from final retribution!”

    The Silver Lady placed a palm on his head. “We accept your vow. Though our Arbiter of Unending Vigil will attempt to intercede upon your behalf.”

    My lungs burned.

    His hand fell from my cheek.

    My voice came to a guttural stop. The copper tang of blood filled my mouth.

    Uriel gripped my spear. His chalice merged into the metal. “I give myself to the service of the Arbiter of the Unending Vigil.” His body phased into the shaft in a dizzying array of light.

    That final piece clicked. I could now call upon the entire Golden Host of the Oversoul.

    Piper’s soul floated before me.

    Death is not the end. Fight onward.

    I dropped the barrier. My father's magic flowed over me.

    What could they say? I stood. I turned towards the double doors of the Reliquary.

    “Open.” It complied.

    Dexter dashed forward. Grasping my forearm. “He cannot reside there. You know this.”

    My brother waited. His gray-black eyes unwavering. Ghostly forms appeared around us. Their bright eyes locked onto me. Whiskers quivering. Ichabod climbed up my robes. His nose pressed to my neck. <<Master cannot go within the Host of Life. That is not his place. He serves another.>> My father summoned a shroud of ether. Soul matter clung to the edges. Dexter allowed me to examine the material to the fullest. Dexter said, “His mortal shell is the final bridge between your mantle and mine. You know this.”

    I placed his body gently upon the shroud.

    My father’s expression darkened. His golden helm obscured his eyes but the emotion lashed out against my empathic pathways. His voice carried. Beyond the level of normal hearing. “All this to catch one man. Not even...”

    He squeezed my hands. “None of this will be in vain. I give you my word.”

    I swallowed hard. They didn't mean Lucifer. What was worse than him? Or Abbadon? Unity?! What could destroy this world any worse? Crimson eyes flashed in my mind. The madman with the knife. Its blade a pale milky sheen. Not the same knife that had stabbed me upon the Bone Throne. His skin a rich bronze. The hole in his chest grew. His soul shard warped. A vein of midnight slid across it’s clouded surface. A sea of black lapped at his feet.

    Thoth.

    Scattered dreams solidified.

    Those orbs stared out at me. Words formed. Yet his mouth remained closed.

    These chains do not hold me. What use is power if everything around us dies immediately? I will breach your precious wall and claw out its eyes. They offend me. Abbadon’s usefulness is nearing its end. You think the Climb from Helios will give you enough to find me? To defeat me. I only wish to free us all.

    My blood chilled.

    That was worse than what Chronos desired. I shouted, “Why didn’t we stop his rise during the Era of the Golden City?!” The Ouro of Elysium replied, “The Oversoul can be many places all at once but the one called Thoth has yet to appear within all three Layers.”

    “What….” I fell to my knees.

    I kicked myself. Thoth was the original body snatcher. All of them had been deceived. Abbadon hadn't learned it from the Oversoul or from the time since the Shattering. Omu’sol’s teachings returned: The Body is the Anchor for the Physical. The Spirit has ties to the Weave and the Soul Layer. To destroy one utterly? You must seek the patterns within all three. It is why cloning is forbidden. For the clone desires to siphon the host’s soul!

    I sucked in a breath. He could hide from Thronesight. He had what Abbadon lacked.

    I whispered, “Abbadon wasn't using him. He was using….”

    Thoth goaded Unity. Plucking the threads tied to the Weave Layer. Letting the fallen Amache resent Abbadon further. They were all gods. After a fashion. But they held a thimble next to the true prize: The Oversoul. Let the Highest and Abbadon circle each other. Two mad bulls in the cosmic playground. He no longer wished a demi body within the physical realm. The attempt would have lead to that interesting future that Anna had dreamed of. That would have been to quick for all these meatsacks. He would be the Arbiter of All. As his body floated through the vast corridors of physical space he had all the time in the world to plan. Chronos would blind the Oversoul. Abbadon would threaten its Soul Boundaries. Unity would compromise the Weave around it. An attack on all fronts.

    When Eliza Murphy came in to save the day? He would slip in.

    Dexter Murphy was a speed bump. They pretended. The twin had never truly survived. He had tasted the three threads within that birthing chamber that day. Through Nyx. Lovely Nyx. Such a useful Sleeve. Let the Oversoul search endlessly through Murphy and its Ur-Stone. In the end it wouldn't matter.

    They would all serve him.

    Willingly or not.

Issue 26: Here

Issue 28: Here


No comments:

Post a Comment